# LINE MINI App Policy
# LINE MINI App Policy
LINE MINI App Policy Guidelines (hereinafter referred to as "the Guidelines"), whose purpose is to explain the review and operating precautions of LINE MINI App (hereinafter referred to as "LINE MINI App") so that customers can utilize this platform (hereinafter referred to as the "Service") seamlessly, are provided to by LINE Corporation (hereinafter referred to as "the Company") to customers who use the Service provided by the Company to operate their LINE MINI Apps.
The contents of the Guidelines are as of June 2020, and are subject to change due to changes in social conditions and related laws and regulations.
- LINE MINI App Platform Rules
# Service Policy
LINE MINI App is an application that customers can use to increase their engagement with LINE users nationwide (hereinafter referred to as "Users").
Users can access all services and information of stores and companies within LINE without having to install a separate app for each respective service.
Concurrently, the medium, LINE, is a communication platform that is used daily by users of all age groups, from children to adults.
Therefore, the Company places great importance on the following points regarding LINE MINI App, which is published through this service: "What the recipients (users) think of the information"; "Is necessary information being provided to users in an appropriate manner?"; "Do users feel uncomfortable in any way?"; and "Can all users use LINE safely and securely?"
We have established these Guidelines to enhance the user experience on LINE by building better relationships between customers and users through LINE.
# LINE MINI App Review
(1) About LINE MINI App Review
When you apply for LINE MINI App, LINE will carry out the prescribed review.
In some cases, in addition to the information submitted at the time of application, LINE may request that additional materials and documents be submitted. The information and materials submitted to LINE must be accurate and up-to-date.
The features published and provided by your LINE MINI App must match the ones described in the overview submitted with your application.
When updating the service content and features, you must undergo a re-review.
(2) Review Criteria
LINE will conduct a review based on the following requirements when publishing the LINE MINI App.
Could it cause a disadvantage to users?
Does it conflict with the existence of regulations and/or the contents of the regulations?
Is there a risk of being in violation of the Terms of Sse, prohibited items of the Guidelines, or other contracts (including the LINE developer contract)?
Does it meet the review criteria established by the Company?
Will it adversely affect the Company's business or damage its credit?
In addition, the Company bears no obligation to explain the result of the review to the customer.
(3) The Customer's Responsibility
Even if the Company has approved of the publication of the LINE MINI App through a review, the approval does not reduce the Customer's legal or social responsibility when using this service.
At the time of using this service, it is assumed that the Customer has accepted the legal and social responsibility associated with using this service.
In addition, the Company shall not be liable for any damage caused to a third party by the Customer's use of the service.
# Prohibited Customers
If the Company deems that the any of the following items apply to the Customer, the Customer will be prohibited from using the service. In addition, even after the Customer used the service to publish a LINE MINI App, if it is found that any of the following items apply, the LINE MINI App may be immediately deleted and the service, discontinued. We ask for your understanding in advance.
Corporations, organizations, individuals providing products or services that may be used for crimes.
Corporations, organizations, individuals who may constitute or promote illegal or criminal acts.
Corporations, groups, individuals who are engaged in illegal sale, brokerage, mediation of another person's personal information, registration information, usage history, etc.
Corporations, groups, individuals who are performing or may perform acts that violate laws or public order and morals.
Corporations, organizations, individuals that the Company judges to be in breach of contract.
Other corporations, groups, individuals that the Company determines inappropriate for the use of this service.
# Prohibited matters regarding published LINE MINI Apps
Don't publish or distribute LINE MINI App that includes the following contents or actions.
Content that violates laws, court decisions, decisions or orders, or administrative measures that are legally binding.
Content that promotes illegal acts or behavior supporting such acts.
Content that infringes on the intellectual property rights such as copyrights, trademark rights, etc. of the Company or a third party, and other laws or contractual rights.
Content that may be slanderous, defaming, or offensive to public order and morality.
Content that contains antisocial messages, benefits antisocial forces, or is cooperative of such activities.
Content that monetizes from the usage of the LINE MINI App.
Content that induces purchase of virtual items such as digital contents or acts of introducing a system for purchase of virtual items.
(Other than those acknowledged by the Company) Content that directs users to external websites (domains different from the entry domain).
Use of this service as an advertising medium, malicious marketing, or spamming.
Content that encourages users to download native apps or open websites for the use of external services.
Unauthorized collection, disclosure, or provision of personal information, registration information, usage history information, etc. of third parties.
Violent or explicit sexual expressions, or content that leads to discrimination based on race, nationality, creed, gender, social status, etc.
Repulsive, cruel, bizarre and offensive content.
Sexual content such as pornography, content intended for sexual or obscene activity, content intended for encounters or relationships with third party strangers.
Content related to a specific religion, thought, belief, or creed.
Content that remarkably arouses speculation and gratification, or expressions or content that encourages gambling.
Non-scientific or superstitious content that may confuse or mislead users or harm their rights or interests.
Content related to network marketing, pyramid schemes, etc.
Content for the purpose of collecting charitable donations.
Acts that interfere with the operation of this service and interfere with the server or network system.
Content or action that violate the policies, terms and conditions, and documents equivalent to those provided by other platform providers such as Apple Inc. or Google LLC.
Content or action that assist or promote action corresponding to any of the above.
Other contents that LINE deems inappropriate.
When there is an expression that the Company judges to be inappropriate in the LINE MINI App released by the Customer (including all distribution contents, creatives, etc.), and when there is an act that conflicts with "Prohibitions regarding published LINE MINI Apps," or "Operation notes," the Company may take the following measures against the Customer:
Deletion of the LINE MINI App
Suspension of service
Termination of service contract
In any instance, LINE shall not be obliged to provide a reason.
# Operational Notes
When using the LINE MINI App, comply with these precautions in addition to the above precautions for operation.
Customers should clearly explain the outline of the LINE MINI App to be published.
Staying abreast of changes,
Customers must keep the LINE MINI Apps they release up to date.
Restrictions to inducements
Refrain from advertising your company or other companies within the LINE MINI App or Service Notification. Also, all the features installed on the LINE MINI App released by the customer shall only be provided within the LINE MINI App.
Making the service available only via external functions is forbidden.
Such examples include:
- Inviting users of LINE MINI Apps to external services
- Specifications for using the service only when you add an official LINE account as a friend
- Log in/sign up through an external browser, etc.
Changes to service content
If you need to change the service content of your LINE MINI App, and accordingly the name or category of the LINE MINI App, you must apply for re-review. Depending on the review results, the LINE MINI App may not be published.
If the published LINE MINI App contains content that the Company judges to be inappropriate, it may be deleted without notice.
The Company does not disclose any user information or information regarding interactions with users. (excluding some features)
It is assumed that the service provided, and the LINE MINI App published by the Customer to that end, are operated in accordance with various related laws and regulations.
Recognizing that this service may not be provided by platformers such as Apple Inc. and Google LLC, provide the service at your own risk. The Company shall not be liable for any disadvantages arising from the provision thereof.
When using this service to publish the LINE MINI App, you may receive complaints from users and suffer disadvantages. Bearing in mind these possibilities, you shall use this service at your own risk and publish the LINE MINI App, and LINE shall not be liable for any complaints from users or disadvantages suffered by the Customer.
# Other restrictions and conditions
In order for your LINE MINI App to pass the review, you must comply with the following restrictions. Also, check to see whether you followed our recommendations. If we find that your LINE MINI App does not comply with our policies and guidelines, your LINE MINI App may be removed from LINE.
The LINE MINI App must follow the guidelines below:
# On User Inducement
Do not direct users to external services. Use of the following methods to attract users is prohibited.
Directing users to an external website (a site with a domain different name from the domain name of the endpoint URL of LINE MINI App).
Moving the LINE MINI App to an external website may cause some problems such as the permanent link of the LINE MINI App malfunctioning. This will interfere with how the user navigates the LINE MINI App.Exceptional cases
However, these cases are exceptions:
- Directing users to another LINE MINI App.
- When it's necessary to temporarily direct users to an external domain for transaction, authentication, or service purposes.
Directing users to another native app.Exceptional cases
However, these cases are exceptions:
- Directing users to a call app that's already been installed.
- Executing a camera app to read a QR code.
Launching the LINE browser to access the service website so that you can use external services.
The basic principle is that work started in the LINE MINI App must be completed on the LINE MINI App.Exceptional cases
However, this is an exception:
# Monetization and advertising
Use of the following methods is prohibited.
- LINE strictly prohibits monetizing via advertising in the LINE MINI App. However, this limitation may be waived if permitted by LINE, or if the services provided by the LINE MINI App rely on the use of third party content or products.
- Selling virtual items such as digital content.
- Monetizing the usage of LINE MINI App.
# Guaranteeing the safety of content
LINE is a communication platform that people of all ages, from children to the elderly, use daily. Therefore, content provided by LINE MINI App is assumed to be safe and appropriate for all ages and should not be offensive.
# External browser
The URL set in the LIFF endpoint URL of the LINE MINI App must be accessible from web browsers such as Safari and Chrome.
# LINE MINI App Name
Follow the instructions below to determine the name of your LINE MINI App
- If you already have a native app or website, use the same name.
- If your company name, brand name, and service name are different, choose the name that is most familiar to your users.
- If you offer multiple LINE MINI Apps, give each LINE MINI App a different name.
- Give it a name that can be easily searched. The keyword search only searches for names.
- Use proper nouns to identify the service. Do not use common nouns such as "waiting" or "order".
- Although the use of the word "LINE" isn't prohibited, avoid names that may be misunderstood as being associated with LINE Corp.
# Company Information
The following information should be displayed on the consent screen. When the consent screen is displayed, LINE uses the following information registered on LINE Developers Console.
- Service Company Name: Channel Basic Settings Tab > Enter Name in Channel Description.
- Provision of personal information of the user acquired through the LINE MINI App from the main company to a third party (actual service provider), under user consent.
- The name of the third party that shares your personal information.
- Information shared with third parties.
- When personal information is provided.
# Enlarged display
Expanding the LINE MINI App is prohibited unless there is a clear purpose such as displaying an image.
# Intellectual property
Obtain the proper copyright for all types of materials used in the LINE MINI App.
# Home page
- The home page is displayed when users open the LIFF URL found in the LIFF tab of your LINE MINI App channel on the LINE Developers Console.
- The content of the home page of your LINE MINI App shouldn't confuse users. It shouldn't be a text-only page or appear like an error screen.
- If users directly open the website of the store linked to the LINE MINI App, they won't see this home page. However, if they access the LINE MINI App within the LINE App, they will be directed to the home page, so make sure to properly configure your home page in advance.
We recommend that you consider the following to improve the user experience:
# Does not redirect
Do not set redirects on the LINE MINI App home page. Redirects will slow down the loading of your home page and increase the likelihood of users' tapping on the back button.
# Adhere to development guidelines
- All custom features implemented in LINE MINI App, such as using payment system or implementing custom share button, are implemented according to the instructions in this document.
- Abide by the Development Guidelines within the LIFF Documents.
# Provide a comfortable user experience
- Display the first page (i.e. the homepage) within 3 seconds of lauching the LINE MINI App. We recommend displaying the first page within 1 second of launching.
- Provide a comfortable user experience to enhance the performance of the LINE MINI App, check the Performance Guideline.
- Implement all the features you will provide on your LINE MINI App.
# Make it easy to contact
- Display the name of the service provider on the LINE MINI App. Specify who the service provider is.
- For times when your users need support for problems they have encountered, display a link to the customer support provided by the service provider, your LINE Official Account ID, email address, and other contacts in your LINE MINI App.
# Have a separate channel to store user data
Use the user data within the range of authority obtained in the Consent Screen. You can request more data about your service, such as payment methods and shipping information.
You can require users to sign in to the service so that their data, such as their purchase history and booking records, can be used. In this case, use the account linking feature (which links the account prepared by the service and the LINE account) so that you won't have to log in to the service again in the future.
You can instruct to subscribe to the service only if membership registration is necessary to manage member points and use purchase services. User data can be acquired and used within the range of authority acquired on the consent screen. After the user has registered, link the account prepared by the service for the user with the user's LINE account (account link feature). Once the accounts are linked, don't request to sign in to the service account from the LINE MINI App.
The feature that enables signing in to the service using the user's social media account is only allowed if the user has a service account linked to the user's LINE account. Using a social media account to register or sign in to the services provided by the LINE MINI App is prohibited.
- You don't need to implement a separate PC response for your LINE MINI App. When the LINE MINI App URL is executed on a PC, a QR code that induces mobile use will be displayed.