News: Articles for Nov 2017
New options for template message images
We have released
imageBackgroundColorfields for Buttons and Carousel template messages. Using these fields, you can configure the aspect ratio, size, and background color for images used in template messages. For more information, see the reference documentation below.
LINE URL scheme information released
We've added an article about the LINE URL scheme to our LINE Login and Messaging API documentation. You can use the URL schemes to help your users navigate to specific content such as the camera, location, or settings screens in LINE. The LINE URL scheme can be used in your bot (Messaging API) from within LINE or in your native or web apps to automatically open LINE.
See the new articles below.
LINE Login and Messaging API glossaries
LINE API Expert program released
We have released the new "LINE API Expert" program which was announced at LINE Developer Day 2017. This program recognizes skilled engineers, who have a deep understanding of the various APIs provided by LINE and are active in the community, by giving them the title of "LINE API expert." To apply for the program, visit the [LINE API Expert][expert] page.
The kind of "experts" we are looking for
We expect the following three things of the LINE API experts who represent this program.
- A discerning eye and high overall technical abilities as an engineer
- Deep understanding and development experience with developer APIs/SDKs provided by LINE
- Active engagement in the developer community
Everyone recognized as a LINE API expert is a valuable partner to LINE and we will provide various incentives to support the activities of our experts. Below are some examples.
- We will provide LINE API experts with early-access to LINE developer products and will provide opportunities to give feedback directly to our LINE development teams and CTO.
- We will provide venues for seminars and hackathons and dispatch evangelists and engineer support staff.
For more information about the incentives, see the LINE API Expert page.
Accepting invitations now!
Although applications will be screened, there are no specific requirements necessary for applying. We are looking forward to your applications and to working together with engineers who are eager to be leaders in the LINE developer community and are striving to reach their next step as developers.