# Get started with LINE MINI App
LINE MINI App is a web application that runs on LINE.
By utilizing this platform, developers can provide their services without developing a separate native app.
Likewise, users can use their LINE accounts to enjoy various services that run within LINE without having to download a separate app.
# Overall Process
The overall process for developing and publishing a LINE MINI App is as follows:
- Once you create a LINE MINI App channel, you can start developing a LINE MINI App
- Submit your LINE MINI App for Review
- Upon publishing your LINE MINI App you can provide your services
- If the region to provide the service is Japan, anyone who is permitted customers can create a LINE MINI App channel.
- When your service area is Taiwan or Thailand, you can only create a LINE MINI App channel if you have been approved by LINE. The contact details for receiving approval are currently being prepared.
- If you are unable to create a LINE MINI App channel even though your service area is Japan, try the following:
- If you are already logged into the LINE Developers Console using your business account, link your business account to your LINE account. For more information on linking your business account to your LINE account, see Link your business account with your LINE account in the LINE Developers Console documentation.
# Common Guidelines
Check the overall workflow for developing a LINE MINI App, regardless of your role.
- Learn the basics of LINE MINI App: Understand the standard built-in features that come with LINE MINI Apps and the custom features that you can implement yourself.
# Guideline per Role
Check the workflow for developing a LINE MINI App workflow, following the guideline provided per role.
# Guideline for Service Planners
Here are the tasks you should be aware of if you are designing the service to provide via LINE MINI App.
- Check the LINE MINI App Policy In the planning stage, take a look over the LINE MINI App Policy. Before submitting your LINE MINI App for review, make sure that your LINE MINI App abides by the LINE MINI App Policy.
# Guideline for Developers
Here are the tasks you should be aware of if you are developing and implementing a LINE MINI App.
- Check the LINE MINI App Specifications: Check which features are supported on which versions of which platforms, as well as the LIFF support versions.
- Guideline for Developers
- Start developing: Take time to read before developing a LINE MINI App.
- Implement a custom action button: You can customize the share messages that are used for sharing LINE MINI App with your friends.
- Sending a service message: You can send a service message as a confirmation or response to a user action.
- Using a payment system: LINE Pay and other payment systems can be integrated with LINE MINI App to provide payment systems to users.
- Creating a permanent link: You can use the permanent link of the LINE MINI App so that users can immediately access your LINE MINI App.
- Managing LINE MINI App settings on LINE Developers Console: LINE MINI App uses the data that has been configured on the LINE Developers Console, so be sure to configure accurate data on the LINE Developers Console.
- Check the performance guide: We recommend that you look over the LINE MINI App Performance Guide.
- API References
- Submit a request for review: Only those LINE MINI Apps acknowledged to have adhered to guidelines will be published on LINE. To publish a LINE MINI App, submit an application for review.
# Guideline for Designers
Here are the tasks you should be aware of if you are designing the LINE MINI App page.
- Change the background color of your header to the color of your brand: Consider the background color of the LINE MINI App header.
- Create a LINE MINI App icon: Create an icon based on guidelines and configure the channel icon on the LINE Developers Console. For more information, see Managing LINE MINI App settings on LINE Developers Console.
- Check the safe area for landscape mode: To make every part of your LINE MINI App visible, even on devices with a notch, use CSS to contain LINE MINI App in safe area.
- Check your loading icon: The loading icon is a recommended UI element of the LINE MINI App. Use specified files.
# Guideline for Service Operators and Marketers
Here are the tasks you should be aware of if you are running and promoting the service to provide via LINE MINI App.